Saturday, September 17, 2016

MIDI on Reel-to-Reel

     Sometime in the late-00's, I played some MIDI songs through a Casio keyboard I had at the time, and recorded them on reel-to-reel tape. I got some of these MIDI files from computer game CD's I had, I downloaded some online, and a few are from a CD of assorted MIDI files that I bought at CVS Pharmacy in about 2000.
     I redid the instrument numbers on the channels to match the instruments on the keyboard. At least I tried, anyway. A few of them didn't match, and and a few of them are flat wrong. But they mostly sound okay. There are a couple of times one song or other "drags" briefly. I think this was caused by the keyboard running on battery power instead of being plugged in.
     Some of these tunes may be new to your ears, and a few you might be more familiar with through the tinky PC sound of Windows 98 or earlier, played here through a bigger-time keyboard. (Wellll, over 100 bucks, anyway.)
Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment