Sunday, June 11, 2017

More New Image

     After taking up time with another project I'm trying to get off the ground, I'm gonna take a break and put a few more posts in here.
     I'm finally getting around to putting up these 2 recent New Image 45 finds.

     As you can tell by comparing the catalog numbers of this 45 and the ones in my previous New Image post, this is the one just before "Say You Love Me".

The Truth Is the Reason We Exist Download, 3 MB
Another religious rocker from the group.
Let the Children Play Download, 2 MB
 
     And this is the one just before "Cabbage Shuttle Babies".

Make That Dream Come True Download, 1 MB
Let's see - "Make that dream come true" - and Carmine? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems obvious this is about a gal and her obsession with Carmine from "Laverne & Shirley". This is also the only song I have come across where "Ms. New Image" ends her singing with a "yEHuhh!".
Mr. Plain and Simple Download, 2 MB
Because Mike Thomas I guess wasn't available, "Ms. New Image" sings it as "Miss Plain & Simple". Also note the rare reggae treatment the group gives this song - complete with her attempting an accent!
     The only complaint I have about these records is - TWO New Image 45's - FOUR New Image songs - and none of them have the guitar solo, dangit.

No comments:

Post a Comment